Monday, April 27, 2009

I don't know how to title this one...

On Friday afternoon I accompanied Man Child to the embroider that he uses to have his work clothes personalized. The shop was very small and the owner very personable. She is Hispanic and her husband is white. They oooh'd and aaah'd over Cayley and to my surprise Cayley did not seem to like them. She came to tears when the women was holding her and I have never seen that before. She usually likes everyone! Well I took her back from the lady and her and Man Child were talking... Next thing I know I feel my shirt moving. The first thing that popped into my head was "I hope this baby is not peeing on me...! I look down and there is a frikken BIRD climbing up my shirt. A BIRD. I wish I was an outsider looking in on the situation because I think I would have been ROTFL at me. I closed my eyes really tight and while handing the baby to Man Child I screeched "there's a fucking bird crawling on me". Then I proceeded to spin around shaking my hands and mumbling incoherently to myself. The shop owners husband took the bird off of me finally after what seemed like forever and put him back into the back part of the shop. I almost shit myself. And I know I must have looked ridiculous. All over this tiny little bird. Everyone kept asking if I was alright, did I want water, did I need to sit down, telling me they are so sorry... Maybe they will learn to say something about having a bird in their shop next time. Over all a very embarrassing situation.

On Saturday night I had a very strange dream. In this dream I get dressed and go out to my living room. I sit down and someone points out that I have a baby in my diaper. I look down there and yup, there's a little baby just hanging out. It was a boy and still had the umbilical cord attached to him. He is breathing and alert and beautiful. I showed Man Child and he started freaking out so I told him to call 911. He did and told me that it would be at least 10 minutes before they could get to our house. I looked down and was amazed how different he looked from Cayley... Then I woke up. WTF? Why was I wearing a diaper? And why was it visible to the person who pointed out the baby? Disturbing...
I spent Sunday doing our grocery shopping and I also made chicken soup. It was damn good. That is what I will be having for lunch today.
This morning I woke up late which seems to be the norm nowadays. Deciding not to rush around I had some cereal and threw in a load of laundry before getting Cayley up and dressed. Well in the process of getting her and I out the door I forgot her diapers. But I hadn't figured that out until I was already knocking on the babysitters door. No, biggie she says, I still have some. So great! Off to work I go. I get to work and reach into the back of the van and there is Cayleys diaper bag. CRAP! No one has called me yet, and anyways, I am sure she has some of Cayleys clothes stashed away in her house... Definitely a typical Monday...

1 comment:

Breanna said...

OMG LMAO at the bird! i would have done the same thing!