Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I feel ridiculously thin in my girdle...

So here we are, a whole week after Jordan was born. Things around here are hectic on a moment to moment basis and I thank my lucky stars that Man Child is home to help me around the house and with Miss Cayley. My little girl is not adjusting as well as I hoped she would to having a baby brother. It breaks my heart to see her crawling around crying because that is the only way she can express herself. She is pulling hair (mine since I am the only one with any long enough to pull), throwing tantrums, hitting... She does try to kiss her baby brother on occasion, but more often than not she tries to yank his blanket off of him or hit him anywhere that she can reach. I am starting to feel really worried about being home on my own next week and that alone does nothing to help me battle the baby blues I think I am experiencing.

So I pulled and tugged and fought my way into a girdle to day and felt fabulous when my $7.00 Target jeans buttoned snug as a glove. Not tight, not loose... Just right. Yeah, I know that since I was wearing a girdle my jean conquering does not really count (not to mention that they are one size bigger than my pre pregnancy jeans so shhhhh...) but jeez... Not having a human being in my body is feeling pretty good right now. You hear that uterus? Do me a favor and take a couple of years off! Omg, and my boob is huge! Yeah, you read that right. My ONE boob is ginormous. I guess there is no hope for the little one short of a [single] breast enhancement, lol.

Jordan is doing fabulously with his nursing and is steadily gaining back the weight that he lost in the time we were in the hospital(close to a pound! :( ) Oh and have I mentioned that I only lost Jordan's weight during my hospital stay? WTF is that? Just over 7 lbs! That just ain't right. He is so tiny compared to Cayley at her birth. I swear his head is half the size hers was. And he is sooooo skinny! Of course my doctor thinks I am crazy because Jordan's birth weight of 7lbs, 13 oz is "normal" and Miss Cayley's 9 lb birth weight was not...

So now I will just ramble on a bit because the video I am trying to upload is taking forever!

Ummm... I guess I could go check on the kids... brb.

I think Jordan sensed my boob walk into the room, because now he is requesting to be fed. Hopefully the video will be uploaded when I get back out here.

Ok, screw the video for now, I'll leave some pics...













1 comment:

Xaleyn said...

I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. You have a lot on your plate. Please, please, please call me. Anytime. I know I said I would call you today and I am sorry that I didn't. I will set aside a nice long stretch of time tomorrow to gab and laugh with you!

I love the pictures of your angels! They are so sweet. And I swear they could be... twins. lol

I remember the overwhelmingly fantastic feeling that I felt when I got into some jeans. Even if I had a huge velcro girdle on. I was thin damn it.

Oh and I am so happy that the breastfeeding is going well, I am SO proud of you! Keep up the good work, Mama. I look up to you ;)