Sunday, May 22, 2011

Super Sunday!

Today was a great day!

We started the afternoon by taking the babies to a playground. It was so hot I decided to take them to a different park, one with the trail. We walked the trail and the stretch we walked was about a mile one way. The babies walked the first lap almost all the way on their own. We walked back to the parking lot alternating the babies on our shoulders, chasing them in spurts, and playing tag. Cayley would chase me and if I got to far ahead she would yell out, "Wait! Espera!" LOL, I love to hear her speak Spanish. I just want to kiss her face she is so cute! She kept looking for animals like we were on a safari. The most we was were a couple of squirrels and the handful of dogs that were running with their owners.

When we were done walking the trail we found another playground that was packed with other kids of all ages. Monkey and Lee Lee quickly found "friends" and it was like they no longer knew Man Child or I. Monkey ended up with a bat and a ball, Lee Lee was climbing the playground equipment like a pro... I was just sitting there like a lost puppy- a puppy that the babies abandoned because they found something better to play with. *sigh* I knew this was going to happen eventually, but come on! They are one and two years old. Isn't this just a bit too soon!?

We eventually left the park and decided to get ice cream. On our way out of the parking lot, Lee Lee says to me from the backseat "Momma, I am super hungry. Me have prench prys pwease?" (Ahhh... I just love her.) So naturally since Lee Lee said "prench prys", Monkey started in with his "fy fy, fy fy" and it was decided. Golden Arches here we come! We spent about a half hour in the play land and surprisingly neither baby put a fight up about leaving. On the way to the car (my favorite moment of the day!) Lee Lee says "Momma, I had a great day! It was fun!"

We stopped on the way home for ice cream with sprinkles, and then stopped at the Blockbuster box to pick up a free movie. We got home and did bath time, cleaned up our toys from earlier in the day got the living room set up with blankets and pillows for movie time. The babies watched Ice Age 3 and I did my homework.

I really wish I had some pictures from the today. The pictures would have captured the pure happiness of the babies. Soon enough... Soon enough.
Tomorrow is Monday. Back to the daily grind.

No comments: