Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wake up horsey!

I slept until noon today. Let me say it once more just so that it will sink in.

I SLEPT UNTIL NOON TODAY!!!

Yeah, I still can not believe it.

Do any of you have a rough and tough toddler? Monkey is going to be the early death of me with his craziness. He literally can be walking around and all of a sudden out of the blue he throws himself onto the floor (or outside on the ground) and laughs like a lunatic. It almost looks like he is doing a belly flop... That's not it though. He is constantly running into the walls or other stationary objects. Like yesterday afternoon he ran nose first into my computer desk.

This is the result of that:



You can't really see it I guess, but it is a nice red line. Poor Monkey. Oh, and when he runs, and he definitely runs all of the time, he runs with his arms up behind him. It is the funniest looking thing, but he constantly gives me mini heart attacks when he is falling head first onto the pavement.

Here are a couple of pics of the kids. I do not have a camera, so these are poor quality phone pics. My goal is to get a camera soon though!






I was playing with the kids, rolling around on the floor and whatnot, and at one point Lee Lee jumps on my back and yells "WAKE UP HORSEY!" and starts bouncing up and down on me. Monkey runs over and tells her "I can't, I can't" while he pushes her off of me. I thought, oh, how sweet, he is defending me. Nope. As soon as her butt was off of me, SLAM, there's a Monkey on my back.

Lee Lee is addicted to my Android phone. I downloaded a few Apps for her that could keep her busy while we are in the car on long trips, or if we are sitting in a waiting room, or even if I just need her to have some quiet time. Well, the problem is now she always wants to play on the phone! All I hear is "Mommy, I want to match socks", "Mommy, I want to color your phone", "Mommy I want to do puzzles!". Ahhhh! She is driving me nuts! The other day, after hearing her tell me all day that she wanted the phone, I decided that enough was enough. I told her that she wouldn't be using the phone for the whole day. So she pouted and I felt bad, but I did not give in. Later in the day when I came back downstairs from what ever I was doing upstairs, I noticed that my phone was not on my desk. I knew immediately that Lee Lee had it. I was about to call her name when I noticed a breathing lump on my living room floor. Lee Lee had curled up on the floor with my phone and "hidden" herself under her blanket. It was all I could do not to laugh. I pretended of course that I couldn't find her, calling out, "Lee Lee, where are you, I can't find you", and naturally Monkey followed suit. The giggles that came out from that breathing lump on the floor just melted me. When she finally popped out saying, "I here Mommy, you so silly!", I took the phone and we went about our day. Of course she asked for the phone again, and again, and again throughout the day...
Gotta love my babies... <3

No comments: