Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week 12 ---> Were going to try this again.

It's Saturday night, Cayley is asleep and Man Child is getting ready to go to work. Pita is curled up on the couch and here I am at the computer thinking of what to write down while I take in the aroma of brewing coffee I am not supposed to drink. I just finished eating my dinner of chicken flavored ramen noodles with canned corn, too lazy to make up the chicken that is defrosted in the bottom of my fridge, and too cheap to get takeout for a second time this week. *inhales the delicious aroma* Hold on, I'll be right back.

Damn, this is some good coffee....

This past Thursday I received my official "Termination of Employment -Effective June 30th" paperwork. I have known since last year that I would be losing my job, but the official-ness of it all leaves me with mixed emotions. Upon termination of my position, I will have had been with the company for two and a half years. That for me is a great accomplishment. A miracle if you will. I do have to thank my boss. She really took a chance on me (do to my previous work history) and she gave me room and tools to grow and learn new things which is what kept me there so long. In top of that, she is flexible. If Cayley is ever sick, I can stay home with out a problem. When Cayley, Man Child, or I have an appointment, I go and make up the time I missed during the rest of the week. Thank you Ilse, I am terrified that I will never be able to work for someone else. Your understanding and patience really went above and beyond what is normal. :) You have always been appreciated by me and my family.

Ok... So... Hmmm... I suppose I can list some highlights and low lights of the past week...


Highlights-

EVERYTHING to make a cheesecake was on sale at Publix this week. (still have to make it!)

Cayley has really started to "crawl" around.

Damn, that can't be it...

Oh, we finally decided on a name for our son. Not my first choice, (was actually my 4th) but when it comes to our two very different families needing to be able to pronounce the name the same... July 28th is fast approaching!

The weather has been nice all week. We did have a few days of cooler weather that I appreciated and the rest of the week was steamy hot, just the way I like it.

Low lights-

In my effort to make things easier on the household due to our work schedules, I decided to make crock pot spaghetti sauce for Monday nights dinner. I got up nice and early on Monday, made the sausage, meatballs, got the sauce ready, threw everything in the crock pot and Wala! Dinner will be done when I get home! Weeellll... Let me tell you just how shitty it tasted that night. All the meat was spongy and the sauce was aw full. I felt so bad because Man Childs favorite thing for me to cook is spaghetti and meatballs. He was such a good sport and choked down most of his plate full (brownie points earned).

Cayley has not been sleeping very well most nights. I think I got one really good night of sleep.

My feet have decided to swell at the first sign of humidity. So no not only do I have to worry about my hair poofing, but my ankles expanding as well.


Well, I am tired now and should probably go to bed and get whatever sleep I can. I will leave you with some pictures of Miss. Cayley before I go.





3 comments:

Ellie... said...

OMG Caroline !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is such a beauty!!!
You are DEF going to have you hands full when she gets older!!

April Willard said...

Your post made me crave coffee, and I don't even drink, the stuff. Miss Cayley is beautiful, and I'm sorry about your job, but aleast you've had warning. Any ideas for what you'll pursue next?

Xaleyn said...

I love coffee. But not when I drink it, it makes me want to throw up. So sad :( lol I'm sorry about the finality of your job coming to an end. But it will open up a new chapter in your life that will be even better. You also made me want brownies. And I'm sorry about your preggo feet. I can't wait to be pregnant with you again!