Friday, April 24, 2009

No my love, that right there is balmex. (week 14, I think)

Good Friday to you all out there in blogger land! Things at work have been super busy this week since my co-worker (RB) is on vacation. No, I am not complaining at all. As busy as I have been, my stress level is at a minimum and that is all that I want at this point in my soon to be over career with New Balance. Five hours to go until this week is finished and left behind me.

So this week at La Casa de De Paz...

Cayley is getting a fang tooth in. Her nighttime sleeping has been hit and miss. I have tried a few times to have her CIO, but in the end I always go in and pick her up after maybe 15 minutes of her screaming on the top of her lungs. Of course she passes out in my arms and I get to snuggle my little fatty for a while... I talked to Man Child about my concerns in regards to her bedtime and of course he said that she will know when she gets older... I swear he is frikken clueless. Cayley has also been crashing in the bed with us because I have noticed that she sleeps better that way. She likes to have her head on my face so that is a bit awkward, but I love it anyway.
I asked Man Child on Tuesday if I could punch him. I was totally serious about it. I wanted to punch something (preferably something that wasn't going to break my knuckles like the wall...) to help release some of the frustration that had been building up since Monday, and he got pissy! What is up with that? I can't go have stiff drink at the end of a long day, I can't chain smoke, I can't punch my husband... What is a stressed-crazy in the head-pregnant lady supposed to do?? According to Man Child, I am supposed to go for a drive (um, road rage anyone?) or go to the beach (at 7pm on a cold day by myself) or sleep (while of course taking care of the crying baby in the house). Give me a fucking break! Or better yet your shoulder! So instead of punching him a couple times and getting over my issues, I stood behind the bedroom door and cried. And just how helpful was he the rest of the night? If your thinking "not at all", your correct! I could hear Cayley fussing out in the living room, so I go out there and she is in her excersaucer and he is outside shooting the shit with the neighbors. He continued to do this for the REST OF THE NIGHT. So I cleaned baby bottles and I tried to do the CIO thing with Cayley, and I cried myself to sleep right along with her. He should have just let me punch him.
On Wednesday he and I talked about what happened the night before. He tells me that I hurt his feelings. He said he knew that I wanted to fight and needed to "explode" and that is why he stayed outside in the backyard. LOL. He was staying away from me. I explained to him that that is the total opposite of what I need! When I am in that frame of mind I need him to kinda talk me down, ya know? Try to do something to help me feel better. Even giving me a hug and just being there if I break down crying... Don't tell me to leave the house! That is totally fucked up in my opinion.
On Thursday morning Cayley woke up all smiley and beautiful. After getting dressed and having breakfast we went in the room to give Man Child goodbye kisses and whatever and he was getting his tooth brush ready, running late of course. The next thing I know his face was all scrunched up and he is sniffing his toothbrush. Then he sniffs the toothpaste... He looks so confused i bust out laughing and Cayley looks at me like I just lost my mind. I walk over to the dresser and see a tube of Balmex laying a few inches away from the toothpaste. I go over to the bathroom and there is Man Child hunched over the sink trying (and failing) to get this white cream off of his face and fingers asking if I changed our toothpaste. I am just laughing and laughing and in between my spurts of laughter I tell him, " No my love, that right there is Balmex. You know the baby's butt cream?" Hahahahahahahahaha. And I kindly hand him the tube of toothpaste and wish him a good day. About 10 minutes later my cell phone rings and Man Child can not find his car keys! (he later blamed it on "my" (meaning not his) daughter. LMAO. Karma's a bitch buddy.
So here we are, another Friday and I have no plans for this weekend. I never really do though, do I? I am hoping that Cayley and I have another lazy Saturday tomorrow, but I know that I really need to be getting out of the house on the weekends. I am so boring!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Omg that is so funny! I can't believe he tried brushing his teeth with diaper cream.

Breanna said...

Im sorry sweetie, i hope things get better..

OMGLMFAO!!!! thats too funny that he tried brushing his teeth with balmex!!! Karma is a wicked bitch!!!

hope you have a wonderful weekend!!