Friday, February 6, 2009

It's about to bite me in the ass

So about a month ago when I was stressing about our bills being paid outloud to Man Child, the words "you find another job or I will have to" escaped my lips. To that he gave me a very weary look and told me that I would not be working two jobs because of Cayley and the fact that I am pregnant. Well, he came to me yesterday doing a happy dance and told me that he is going back to his night security job. It is for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. I regret now pushing the issue because he and I have been getting along so much better since he’s been spending more time at home and I worry that things might change. I know the routine we were in before, him always being tired, me feeling under appreciated and overworked… It caused us to fight and we were unable to communicate properly. I *think* I have been showing a brave face for his sake, but I guess some of my worrying may have broken through in bitch form. I must have snapped at him a couple times over nothing but luckily (for both of us) he just rolled with it and let it go. I don’t even feel relieved that it is going to be easier to pay the bills with this extra income. He loves this job and is super excited to be going back, but how can I be supportive when I am terrified that things are going to go down hill?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Caroline.

I'm no expert but just being aware of the potential issues puts you in a better situation this time around IMO. You've identified the problem and can address it before it becomes a major issue again (if it even arises- it sounds like MC has matured a bit).

I'm thinking of you, Cayley and NBS. Good luck with the new situation. It'll be nice to have the extra $.

Heather said...

Aww, Miss Caroline. If you are both going to miserable, It isn't worth it. Of course bills have to get paid, but not at the cost of your marriage. Love!